Thursday, September 28, 2006

Response to the ignorant

Last night I was reading a statement by World-1 "promoter" Steve Goff and it got me pissed off. Check the statement out at http://miwcstaff.proboards52.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1159221604

You know, it's been a long time since I lashed out at something involving Michigan Wrestling because I have gotten to know some of the workers and promoters and have a lot of respect for them. Wednesday Night that all change, when I read Steve Goff's little "statement" on MIWC. I am a little pissed off at some of things there were said

1. First off, please do yourself a favor and realize that just because a "company" or "federation" puts on a show, that it's REALLY "Pro(fessional) Wrestling." If it requires a cage match between two hacks for the 1000th time to get over with you, go play in traffic. If you're paying exorbitant prices for tickets because your "friend" who is semi or more likely marginally (or worse, NOT) talented in the ring, go play in traffic. If you're THAT EASY, you're not a fan of PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING.


Who in the hell are you to tell how fans to act and how to feel. Are you trying to commit career suicide and put W-1 out of business. Let me tell you something, those two hacks are where they are because they worked their asses off. Don't people telling people they are not wrestling fans just because of what they like or don't look, get over yourself.

2. I love it when they want to be added to our "Friends" list on Myspace too. I love it when they try to work me to make sure there's no heat between us - would it matter if there was? I'm done with you anyway. I have no use for guys who aren't in it for the team - that are only in it for themselves. Guys like MARK WORKER here in Bay City (name changed to protect the guilty).

Why don't you have some guts and say it's Bull Wheeler, because we all know that's who you're talking about. Yeah so what if he is wrestling for UCW. Big deal. Since when Indy promotions have contracts saying that can't wrestle for certain promotions...never except TNA because its a nationalized promotion on TV. Ok if Bull is so damn selfish how come he drives from Bay City to Coldwater to wrestler for POG. How come he drives to Bay City to Kalamazoo to wrestle for HPW...Because he is selfish? No, because he wants to help promotions like them out.

I would really like know something. Before World-1 where were you a "promoter." Honeslty I would love to know. a "promoter" doesn't go around telling fans how they should act.

Lastly, I know I don't mean anything to anyone when it comes to Michigan Wrestling because I am not a wrestler. Unfortunately my health does not allow me to wrestle so I have to get in the hard way, by using my creativity and offering my services to anyone and everyone who would like them. I could really careless if I get a bad reputation again by what I am saying. If you got a problem with it you can email me at hollywoodsgimmicks@yahoo.com I am just a fan of wrestling, any kind of wrestling wether it be sports entertainment, freestyle, or professional. It's something I have a passion for and it doesn't matter to me if you respect it or not. All I got to say is God Bless all the wrestlers and promoters in Michigan and keep up the great work.

Hollywood Joe Williamson
www.geocities.com/hollywoodsgimmicks

PS. I am not trying to get me or anyone else over. I speak my mind whenever and wherever I want to.

No comments: